Welcome to Wickham Road Music Academy where learning music is a blast! We have outstanding instructors who are passionate about music and ready to take you to the next level in whatever instrument you wish to learn. Whether you are young, an older beginner, or a seasoned player or singer looking to increase your musical skills, we have instructors that will be a perfect fit for you. Do you just want to learn how to jam? We can get you playing fast! If you want a more traditional approach to music reading and music theory, we can walk you through the steps to accomplish your musical goals. We are kid friendly and eager to nurture a love of music that will last a lifetime. Our instructors teach Rock, Jazz, Country, Bluegrass, Classical, Music Theatre, Worship, Alternative music styles and everything in between. We offer quality instruction for Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Piano, Keyboard, Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Violin, Woodwind, and Brass to kids and adults of all ages and stages.
Amy Cofield brings passion and experience to her position asAcademy Director. During her career as a music educator, Amy has taught music to students of all ages, from beginners to seasoned professionals. Her experience includes teaching pre-K music classes, music and language enrichment classes at an elementary school, high school chorus, classical vocal technique classes for HS musical theatre students and faculty positions teaching voice at multiple universities.
Amy joined the faculty at Wickham Road Music Academy in2018, shortly after moving to Florida and continues to teach voice lessons for the Academy. Previously, she was the director of Opera Roanoke’s Apprentice Artist Program in Virginia. In addition to her passion for teaching, Amy has been fortunate to perform as a soloist with orchestras and opera companies all over the world.
Amy became director of Wickham Road Music Academy in 2020 as we shifted to online lessons during the pandemic. Though we continue to offer online lessons, she is so pleased to have our students back in person and sharing their love of music with our faculty. It has been wonderful to have the exciting energy and vibe back in the Academy.
As Director, Amy is the liaison between the students, parents and faculty. She encourages their feedback as she desires to create a learning environment that is creative and nurturing to every student. We encourage you to reach out to her with lesson related questions, concerns, or suggestions that may make the learning process more effective for you or your student.
At Wickham Road Music Academy, we tailor lessons to the individual student’s goals. Our faculty bring a vast array of experience and knowledge to nurture creativity and encourage our students to grow toward their desired definition of “success.” We provide a world class education to our clients, developing and nurturing a lifelong love of music.
That is our vision and mission!
• Our instructors love music and can convey that love to our students. While that may sound obvious, it is often overlooked and not easy to find. Almost all of our instructors teach and perform music for a living.
• Our instructors have been teaching for decades. This means that we have numerous pedagogical approaches to ensure our students success. We understand that every student is unique in their aptitudes and learning abilities. We know that there isn’t just one path to musical success and our job is to figure out how to help our students succeed. We offer books and or custom music education learning approaches that provide measurable results.
• Our instructors teach multiple instruments and many musical styles. From rock, jazz, country, to classical, we’ve got you covered.
• Our instructors go through an arduous selection process. The process generally takes 2.5 months and allows us to ensure the quality of our instructors.Your next steps:
• With a simple interview process with our qualified team member, we will help connect you with an instructor that will best fit your musical goals.
• Our qualified team members can help connect you with a proper functioning introductory instrument and or confirm your current instrument will serve you well through your lesson process.
• Discuss tuition and lesson program offers, policies, terms and conditions.
• Schedule a lesson time. Our lessons are 30 minutes, one on one, once per week. They are the same time, place, room and instructor every week.
• Prepare yourself to have fun because at Wickham Road Music, music is a blast!